Jeff is a quarterback for strengthening families and strengthening teams. He is passionate about advancing collaboration to support marriages, families and children. In 2012 Jeff joined FamilyLife as a Vice President and Catalyst for helping others. FamilyLife is a national ministry leader in marriage conferences, radio outreach and empowering resources to heal and strengthen families. Jeff founded and led Stronger Families in the Pacific Northwest from 1993 to 2010. Stronger Families united communities around strengthening marriages and today assists military and high-stress couples in protecting their marriages.
Jeff quarterbacked in the NFL from 1981 to 1992. He and his father, Jack Kemp (the former Vice-Presidential candidate and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development), were the first of only six sets of father/son NFL quarterbacks. As he speaks and trains throughout the United States, Jeff passes on dynamic lessons learned during eleven years in the world of professional athletics. Persevering through the highs and lows of pro football gave him a valuable perspective on teams, leadership and life.
Jeff is a frequent speaker to men’s and marriage events. He also speaks to businesses, community groups and young people about family relationships and teamwork.
◦ Jeff received a bachelor’s degree in economics from Dartmouth College and an MBA with honors from Pepperdine University.
◦ He entered the NFL as a free-agent QB in 1981 and played 11 seasons with the Rams, Forty-Niners, Seahawks and Eagles.
◦ His best seasons were in 1984 when he quarterbacked the Rams and led them to the playoffs and in 1986, when he threw eleven touchdowns for the 49ers in six games.
◦ He served on the Executive Committee of Pro Athletes Outreach, which trains professional athletes to be responsible role models and leaders.
◦ Jeff speaks and trains on teamwork and keynotes for corporate conferences, association meetings, Governor’s and Community Prayer Breakfast, youth and athletic events.
Served as a Senior Fellow for the Marriage and Family Foundation and served on the national Steering Committee of the Marriage CoMission – both entities committed to strengthen families through healthy marriages.
Jeff and his family make their home in Little Rock, AR. He and his wife, Stacy, cherish family time, especially skiing with their family. They have four sons (Kyle, Kory, Kolby and Keegan) and two daughters in law. Jeff has coached youth various youth sports, especially football, for nearly 20 years.
Jeff and Stacy frequently spend time with newly married couples as encouragers and mentors. They are an effective speaking team at marriage and family events.